Join the Stevenson Middle School Music Department as they celebrate Popular Music! On May 31st in the Stevenson Middle School Gym, students will perform music from the 1950s to the present in Band, Orchestra, and Choir. Admission is free and all are welcome. The Strings will start out our evening, performing from 5:30-6:00 p.m. Next will be the Chorus and Glee Club, who are performing from 6:15-6:45 p.m. Closing out the concert will be the Band classes from 7:00-7:30 p.m. Come enjoy a night of music and hear some of your favorite songs.
Summer Feeding 2018:
Friends don’t let friends sit inside all summer - let’s celebrate summer meals!
The following sites will host summer feeding this year. We will offer breakfast and lunch at Hamilton, Hicks, Hoover, Schweitzer and Wildwood Elementary. The programs will run Monday through Thursday. July 9th will be the first day and the programs end August 2nd. Breakfast will be available from 8:15 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. Lunch will be offered between 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Stevenson will have a free breakfast program only Monday through Thursday, July 9 – August 2. Breakfast will be available from 8:15 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. in the cafeteria.
The Division of Food Services is proud to offer a variety of delicious, yet healthy, breakfast and lunch choices for the students of the Wayne-Westland Community School District. The lunch program is run with a "point of sale" swipe card system, which reduces the wait time in line, and gives the students more time to enjoy their meals.
On Thursday, May 17 our Construction Tech II students held their Open House at the construction site where they built a brand new home. The house is located at 35042 Hazelwood in Westland. The house is now completed and shows the great work our students have been able to accomplish while working in conjunction with the City of Westland.
The following is an updated list of Board of Education meetings:
- May 21 -Study Session -6:00 p.m.
- June 4 -Regular Meeting -7:00 p.m. (The resolution to approve the tax levy needs to be presented at this meeting in order to comply with timelines from the cities.)
- June 18-Regular Meeting -7:00 p.m. (Final budget amendment, budget hearing, budget)
- July 30 -Regular Meeting (NO meeting on July 16) -7:00 p.m.
- August 20 -Regular Meeting -7:00 p.m.
- September 17 -Regular Meeting -7:00 p.m.
- October 1 -Study Session -6:00 p.m. (location to be determined)
- October 15 -Regular Meeting -7:00 p.m.
- November 12 -Regular Meeting -7:00 p.m.
- November 26 -Study Session -6:00 p.m. (location to be determined)
- December 10 -Regular Meeting -7:00 p.m.
Franklin Middle School's Mentoring Program students led Hoover Elementary students today in team building activities, buddy reading, and goal setting. They ended their time together with lunch.
See more images from this event over at Detroit Free Press
Mike Mars won Mr. Wrestler of the year at the Detroit Free Press Sports Awards Ceremony Saturday night. The event was at the Fillmore in Detroit. The red carpet was quite a celebration. He won the award over several very talented athletes from across the state.
Mikey also won wrestler of the year for D1 from the Michigan Wrestling Coaches Association. He received a huge trophy for both awards. USA wrestling also had his picture and a write up with All American honors about him. This goes to every school across the country!
This young man is a celebrity!! Can't wait to see what he accomplishes at the University of Michigan!
Attached is a picture with his sister who is also a JG graduate. Please tell him congrats if you see him!
Thank you to all who show us your continued support.
See our list of our transition programs and established community partners
We would like to celebrate the following Awards of Recognitions to the following students and teams.
- YMCA Summer Camp Essay Contest Winners Sponsored by North Brothers Ford - Pek
- Michigan Department of Education: Top Ten in Ten Roadshow Implementation of Next Generation of Science Standards in Biology/Accelerated Biology Class with teacher Greg Cooper at John Glenn High School
- WMHS Boys Basketball Team
- WMHS Girls Basketball Team
- WMHS Boys Bowling Team
- WMHS Ethics Team
- WMHS Percussion Team
- WMHS JROTC
- JGHS Wrestling Team
- JGHS JROTC
We are excited to share that the generous gifts our Early Childhood/Teacher Education students and pre-school students sent to deployed soldiers were enthusiastically received. A wonderful thank you letter and photo of some of the men and women who received the items that were sent were received by Mrs. Vaughan. Once again, kindness speaks volumes, even when miles are between people. Thank you to all who participated and brightened the day for some of our troops who are away from home.
On April 27th, our Sunshine & Rainbows program traveled to Ann Arbor's Hands on Museum. View all the images here.
View our School Photo Galleries
- Edison Elementary School
- Elliott Elementary School
- Graham Elementary School
- Hamilton Elementary School
- Hicks Elementary School
- Hoover Elementary School
- Roosevelt-McGrath Elementary School
- Schweitzer Elementary School
- Taft-Galloway Elementary School
- Walker-Winter Elementary School
- Wildwood Elementary School